Babe, It’s not you, It’s just winter
Updated: Sep 4
During winter our skin can look and feel dry, irritated, inflamed, tight, and have an overall dull appearance. Environmental factors, such as humidity, wind, central heating, and temperature can have a HUGE impact on the deficiency of proteins and lipids within the skin. This then leads to an effect on the amount of water and oil retained. We can usually see this all over the body, not just the face…….
When the temperature drops below 8 degrees, our body slows down sebum production. Lack of sebum /oil weakens skin barrier and to stop skin from drying out we need strong barrier. During winter months we spend more time inside where use of heating can have negative impact on the skin as well.
It’s important to adjust your skin routine seasonally to accommodate the changes that the environment has on your skin - prevention can be more effective than trying to fix the skin later.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you
Heres what you need to do to maintain good healthy skin this winter.
1. Invest in good Essential Fatty Acids - We love Nordic Naturals
2. Add Lotion N to your routine - Those Essential Fatty Acids directly on the skin do wonders
3. Get yourself a Custom Dermaviduals Moisturiser with extra lipids - Avocado oil is a cult favourite here
4. Always keep your Dermaviduals Lip Balm handy - Cold temperatures and wind can take moisture away from skin so making sure you always protected is key
5. Keep up with or increase your water intake. It is harder through winter as its cold, so, warm it up! Have herbal teas, warm lemon water, whatever takes your fancy, just keep your hydration levels up! Your cells need it!
6. Introduce Skincare ingredients that will support your natural moisture - Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Natural Moisturising Factor, Laminaria Digitata