A Babes Guide To Home Rolling
Updated: Sep 4
Home-rolling with your MTS-Roller is a great way to simply boost your results and achieve or maintain optimal skin health. It’s as simple as brushing your teeth and believe us, it quickly becomes an essential part of your skincare regime that you’ll never want to miss!
Before you start home-rolling with your MTS-Roller (or any new skincare regime or treatment), book in an Advanced Skin Analysis with our therapist. This will help determine whether home-rolling will benefit your skin in the way you are hoping. Your skin treatment therapist will also ensure that the contra-indications don’t apply to you (as there are some), they will select your MTS-Roller length and ensure that you have the correct skincare prescription to use pre and post rolling.
There will be some mild redness, so most people prefer to roll at night and allow this to subside overnight.
1. Pour Isopropyl Alcohol (this can be purchased from the supermarket or pharmacy) over the head of your MTS-Roller and then rinse with hot running water. Gently shake your MTS-Roller dry and leave it in its protective case while you cleanse your skin. Do not seal the case.
2. Double cleanse with your prescribed Dermaviduals Cleanser (free from nasties) to remove all traces of makeup & dirt and dry with a clean towel. Remember, you are creating micro-channels in your skin – so this is a very important step!
3. Mentally divide your face into sections, eg: forehead, nose, cheeks, mouth area and neck.
4. Apply the roller onto your skin with the same amount of gentle pressure on the skin throughout, holding it as you would a pen. Select an area and roll repeatedly, using short strokes, back and forth in short bursts, as opposed to long, steady strokes. Be sure to lift the roller frequently or change direction to avoid the needles re-entering the skin with each stroke in the same place. Move onto the next section once a few short bursts have been completed back & forth – diagonally, up & down and side to side.
5. The eye area requires slower, deliberate strokes to avoid accidental injury to the eye. Pull the skin below the eye down, so as to position it over the bone. A lighter style of rolling is recommended. Do not roll over your eyelids.
6. Do not apply any skincare or makeup to your skin until the next day unless you have been guided by your therapist to do so. An epi nouvelle+ naturelle facial mask can be applied after you roll – it’s perfect to calm the inflammation!
7. After you have finished your home rolling, immediately pour Isopropyl Alcohol over the head of your MTS-Roller and rinse with hot running water. Gently shake your MTS-Roller dry and leave it in its protective case. Do not seal the case until your MTS-Roller is completely dry.